10 Things You Must Know About the International Chemistry Olympiad (IChO): A Guide to the IChO Competition（學會代售）
This is a book dedicated to special groups in the community whom we reach out to promote chemistry interest and learning chemistry. It will be immensely useful to students, parents who are interested in Science Olympiads, Chemistry Olympiad, chemistry instructors at the secondary and collegiate level, and other science instructors at the secondary and collegiate level.
This is a one-of-a-kind book that details the “behind-the-scenes” preparation and trainings that students undergo in various countries. It will enable the effective promotion of chemistry in your respective countries and around the globe.
Table of Contents:
- Editorial Team
- A. Introduction to the IChO
- What is International Chemistry Olympiad?
- The IChO Syllabus
- A Perspective on Setting Practical Problems at the IChO: Fostering Student Engagement in Experimental Design
- The IChO Theoretical Exam
- B. How Various Countries Train Their Students?
- United States of America
- C. Strategies to Support IChO Preparations
- Tips for Aspiring Participants
- How can We Inspire and Motivate Our Students to Study Natural Science and Chemistry?
- How a Teacher has Supported His Students?
- Application of Learning Sciences to Support Performance in Chemistry
- D. Perspectives from Question Setters
- The Return of a Former IChO Candidate
- Sample Problems of Organic Chemistry and Approach to Solve Them
- E. Behind the Scenes
- A Journey at the IChO: Day by Day Events Analysis (Day 1–Day 10)
- IChO Steering Committee
- F. Stories from Former IChO Participants & Mentors
- The Incredible 2015
- My Journey to IChO 2017
- Getting the Most Out of the IChO
- From IChO 1990 to IChO 2019
- Only the End of the Beginning...
- My Journey as an IChO Mentor — A Leadership Lesson
- Other Memories